Open Enterprise Server 11 Administration
The Open Enterprise Server 11 Administration course helps students get the hands-on experience they need to administer core Open Enterprise Server 11 services. The course focuses on administration and maintenance of Micro Focus Open Enterprise Server 11 SP1, on file and print services, DNS and DHCP.
Delivery Method: Virtual Classroom, Classroom, Self-Study Kit, Ondemand
Course Duration: 5 days
Course Level: Beginner
After taking this course, students will be able to:
- Install Open Enterprise Server 11 SP1 on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2 (64 bit)
- Perform basic administration of eDirectory
- Administer file and print services, DNS and DHCP
The audience for this course is Linux administrators who are interested in administering eDirectory, file and print services, DNS and DHCP on Open Enterprise Server 11.
The following topics are covered in this course:
- Prepare SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2 for Open Enterprise Server 11 SP1
- Perform basic eDirectory administration and management
- Install and manage the Client for Windows
- Manage NCP volume services
- Manage file system and eDirectory rights
- Manage Micro Focus iPrint
- Configure basic network services
Students in this course should hold a Certified Linux Administrator (CLA) certificate, which covers the knowledge taught in course 3124: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Administration and course 3125: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Advanced Administration, or have equivalent working experience with Linux.